Are you convinced that the effectiveness of traditional prospecting resources is fading and you want to convince your superiors to invest in digital? Is your management busy and has little time? If you want to convince her, be clear, concise and efficient. I offer you a 3 arguments strategy to hit the bull’s eye and convince to adopt the digital transition…
Small preliminary advice: digital is a must for all companies, so do not make it a personal affair or a favor. Your argument will be all the more effective if you present it in a way factual and you imply that the idea could have come from themselves.
1. Digital is for everyone, but especially for your business
Whatever the size of your company, its field of activity, or the number of its employees, a web marketing strategy will benefit it for 3 main reasons:
- Omnipresence of digital : Since 1/3 of the world’s population uses the Internet, your prospects probably use it. Internet is a full market on which your company must position itself to exist. Depriving yourself of this market could be fatal to your business.
- Threatening competition : your competitors who have already initiated their digital transition will be able to more easily get in touch with your prospects and recover them. According to a study by Roland Berger in September 2014, the most mature companies in the digital world have 6 times higher turnover growth than that of the least mature companies!
- Adaptability of digital to your business : all marketing companies have an interest in going digital, and it is adaptable to each of them. Show it to your management! When you present your project, master on the fingertips your business strategy in terms of investment, salaries, overheads, and revenue growth. Build on your previous balance sheets for each of the means you currently use: traditional marketing, digital marketing, sales forces, to show how a web marketing strategy could be implemented in your business.
2. Digital, it pays and it shows
With your leadership, it’s a safe bet that talking about numbers rather than giving a big speech will be more effective. The first objection that risks being made to you is that digital costs too much, anticipate it.
After all, you can’t make an omelet without breaking eggs, so present a inventory of resources used so far and their level of profitability. Identify the most profitable and the least profitable and propose a resource reallocation plan to finance digital. For example, by reducing telemarketing, the number of fairs, and infomercials, you can reinvest in digital for better ROI.
Above all, compared to traditional marketing measures, emphasize the possibility to monitor investments made in real time, which will counteract concerns about the risk of investing in digital.
Your management will in particular want to monitor the performance indicators: offer the tools necessary for the implementation of your strategy (Hubspot google, etc.) to analyze performance.
3. Digital pays more and for longer
The ROI of traditional marketing is declining. As proof, only 8% of signed deals originate in salons, direct marketing and telephone prospecting when they cost more than 50% of the marketing budget. Likewise, the cost per lead (CPL) in inbound marketing is 60% cheaper than traditional methods.
Compared to traditional marketing, a digital strategy allows a 417% increase in revenue for the companies that have adopted it. A digital prospecting strategy brings 50% more leads and customers and multiplies commercial productivity by 5. So it would allow you to install your visibility in the long term. For example, if you write a blog, your articles can be viewed from the first day of their publication, but also 2 or 3 years later. Your initial investment will continue to generate profits for a very long time. In addition, this allows you to establish yourself as a leading expert in the field and to have constant contact with your prospects.
Finally, the interest in adopting a digital strategy is obvious in terms of return on investment. Your wise management will have little reason to reply to these concrete arguments if you present your strategy in a prepared, confident and not overdoing it.