Christmas, Black Friday, Sale… All these events are for the majority of e-merchants important meetings in the year to boost their turnover. During these periods, Internet users significantly increase their purchases and the competition on Google Adwords to attract the Internet user to their site becomes stronger …
The image below sums up what’s going on:
It is therefore necessary to set up different actions to boost sales with Adwords. Google via Academy for ads, offers videos to train with Adwords on many subjects and to exchange with specialists. Below is a series of 4 videos and a summary to help you prepare for these Adwords events.
Video 1: presentation of Smart Shopping
The first in a series of four episodes, this live training aims to help you optimize your campaigns during the holiday season. This course will introduce the new Shopping campaigns, which will allow you to simplify the management of your campaigns, optimize your conversions and reach a wider audience.
Video 2: automation and auctions
This is the second one designed to help you make the most of the upcoming holiday season. In this episode, an overview of automation and auctions. As well as how you can use them to streamline your campaigns and optimize performance during the most important periods of the business year.
Video 3: Engaging new consumers and improving loyalty
This is the third episode in a four-part series, designed to help you get the most out of the holiday season. This week, we’re going to focus on audience solutions. Learn how to engage new consumers and improve the loyalty of your existing customers across the Google Network. You will also learn how to develop and implement the ideal strategy for your Shopping, YouTube and Search and Display Networks campaigns.
Video 4: optimization of the search network for event or seasonal traffic
This is the last episode in a four-part series, designed to help you make more conversions from your seasonal traffic. Last-minute optimization tips, which will allow you to distribute your campaigns on the Search Network to as many buyers as possible during the holiday season.
Summary of Adwords actions to be implemented:
1. Sponsored link campaigns
- Text is important, we must create specific ads and add text on promotions extensions mainly!
- Updating the ads with the relevant words, eg Black Friday;
- Promotion extension with your offers;
- Price extension if you have specific prices, beware it can be complicated to manage;
- Teaser extensions: “90 day returns” for example to anticipate Christmas purchases with simple returns;
- Sitelinks: “Christmas Specials”;
- Personalize your ads with countdowns in your ads: interesting for black Friday for example or a short event;
- Personalize your ads with your current stocks: this can be interesting for products that are often out of stock.
=> Above all, do not bid on the keyword “Black Friday” or “Christmas” on your current campaigns, expenses would soar 🙂
=> Check your budgets and auctions: Events are periods with a high volume of research and strong competition. It is therefore necessary to modify its bids and its budgets to seek qualified traffic:
- Reduce your bids: Increase slightly (10/15%) your CPC / CPA or slightly decrease your target ROAS (10/15%) to capture your users;
- Increase your budgets: last year, many advertisers saw their budgets exhausted by 11 a.m. and missed out on potential revenue. Increase your budgets during this exceptional week.
Example of a Black Friday ad for Casal Handball:
Many people wait for Black Friday promotions to buy, but visit your site in previous weeks to find the best products. We can also plan a campaign specifically for this type of highly qualified prospect. Steps :
- Duplicate your campaign tops / Dynamic Campaigns;
- Adding keywords: “Black Friday + your keyword”; “Cyber Monday + your keyword”, etc. ;
- Apply your Targeting remarketing audiences to reach only your former visitors and if possible, apply only the most recent lists.
2. Shopping Network Campaigns:
- Remember to update your promotions on your merchant center. The process has been simplified and it is easier to add promotions and rules;
- Budget and auction: An event like Christmas or black friday are periods with a high volume of research and strong competition. It is therefore necessary to modify its bids and its budgets to seek qualified traffic:
=> Lighten your bids: Increase slightly (10/15%) your CPC / CPA or slightly decrease your target ROAS (10/15%) to capture your users;
=> Increase your budgets: last year, many advertisers saw their budget exhausted as early as 11 am, and missed out on potential revenue. Increase your budgets during this exceptional week.
3. To Test if not already done
- Smart Shopping: A brand new, fully automated Shopping campaign targeting a cookie on both the shopping network and the Display network in remarketing, to maximize your return on investment. Average results: + 30% ROI vs Classic Shopping> works well on most accounts, with some exceptions, I will do a more detailed article on this with an example of a B2B merchant (Achatmat.com);
- Smart Display: A high-performance Display campaign, entirely based on Machine Learning, to seek acquisition on a Display Network while respecting your target CPA / or your target ROAS. If you have enough conversions you can test at the target CPA so no risk 🙂
- Inexpensive and quite effective sponsored YouTube video!
Beyond Adwords, many other actions are to be expected. Have fun!