We must be strategic and encourage selective dissemination. Also remember to measure your results, this will allow you to adjust certain parameters of your video marketing strategy. But what are the best channels for your video? In this article, you are presented with 7 ways to effectively promote your video on the web.
1. Your website
Your website is an excellent platform to receive your video. Indeed, it embodies the gateway to your business on the web.
In addition, before even contacting salespeople or making a purchase, prospective buyers spend time on your website to familiarize themselves with your offer and make their decisions. By integrating a video into your website, you will be able to better attract their attention. Video is more captivating and easier to consume than text. It facilitates understanding and memorization.
Your website therefore appears to be a useful dissemination channel for your video, which will provide useful information to your visitors.
Several types of videos can be integrated into your website, depending on the pages:
- Your video pitch, we advise you to publish it on your homepage. In this video, you present your story, the needs that your target group meets and the solution you can provide;
- Tutorial videos can be promoted on the product pages. They will encourage your prospects to buy;
- Your corporate film can be broadcast on your “Company”, “Team” or “who we are” page. This video presents your premises, the working atmosphere, your employees … it helps to humanize your brand and creates proximity with your target;
- You can also post “how it works” videos on your site to explain a manufacturing method or process. The prospect thus gets an idea of the progress of his collaboration with your company;
- Finally, if you have a lot of video content to broadcast, it is possible to organize it as a library on your website. This is called a video hub. Your visitors, customers but also commercial have access to all your videos easily.
Beyond feeding and bringing useful information to your prospects, embedding a video on your website increases your chances of appearing on the first page of SERPs by 53 times.
Thanks to video, your visitors will spend an average of 2.6 times more time on pages containing videos. The time spent on your website is one of the criteria taken into account by Google robots for your SEO.
2. Your landing pages
The landing pages that you use during marketing campaigns can also host videos.
Be sure to include specific videos on each landing page. Using generic videos would be deceptive and create a high bounce rate.
You should also highlight your video to benefit from it. To do this, favor short videos and place them above the waterline. Also pay attention to the thumbnail of your video: it must be attractive and encourage clicks.
Finally, consider adding a call to action to encourage Internet users to take the desired action on your landing page: fill out a contact form, download a white paper, register for a webinar, etc.
The type of videos for landing pages therefore depends on the purpose of your landing page: it can be a video presentation of your webinar, a video that summarizes your white paper, a pitch of your company, etc.
Placing a video on a landing page can increase your conversion rate by 80%.
3. Your campaigns E-mail
Email marketing is the preferred channel for customers to receive business information. Video email campaigns are gaining popularity and proving their effectiveness in terms of engagement.
Several solutions are available to you to integrate a video into your emailing campaigns:
- You can embed your video natively, although this is not recommended as it is often a large file that not all mailboxes support;
- You can add a clickable image to access the video (on your website). Remember to add a player to it so that users understand that it is a video;
- You can also embed a GIF from an extract of your video and add a clickable link to it to access the entire content. This format has the advantage of being the most dynamic.
Several types of videos can be broadcast in your emailing campaigns:
- The company pitch video can be sent after subscribing to your newsletter, for example;
- A product demonstration video can be broadcast after consulting one of your product pages;
- Post your customer testimonial videos during retargeting operations;
- Promote your teaser video before an event;
- It’s now possible to integrate custom videos into your campaigns. These help create a unique experience, improve customer satisfaction and customer engagement.
Think of the video to boost your emailing campaigns. In addition, just using the word “video” in the subject line of your emails increases the open rate by 19%, the click-through rate by 65% and reduces unsubscriptions by 26% according to Syndacast.
4. Your blog
Search engines do not allow the content of videos to be taken into account. This is why you should always add a description with strategic keywords to promote your videos and improve the VSEO.
Your article plays the role of written support for your video. It ensures its promotion and positioning in the SERPS. To do this, add in particular the sentences and keywords of the video in the body of the article to ensure its indexing.
If your blog is a lead generation tool, video is a great tool to boost your strategy. In fact, 96% of viewers search for videos in order to make purchasing decisions.
You can promote multiple videos on your blog:
- Summary videos of your articles, which include the main key points;
- Video examples to illustrate your articles;
- Expert advice filmed to add credibility;
- Videos to explain procedures simply.
As for the website, video will be a key tool to optimize your SEO and communicate simply and effectively.
5. Your YouTube channel
When it comes to posting a video, YouTube sounds like a no-brainer. 400 hours of video are published per minute, making YouTube the leading video delivery platform in the world. It is also the second most visited site after Google. So it’s almost mandatory if you have a video to promote. Be careful, however, you will have to make room for yourself among the multitude of video content already online.
For this reason, publishing your video will not be enough: your entire YouTube channel must be optimized and pampered.
Some examples of elements to work on:
- Your name ;
- The visuals of your channel: channel image, cover banner, thumbnails of your videos, etc .;
- Your playlists to organize your content;
- The titles and descriptions of your videos.
Please note: Using the same content in two different places can affect SEO. Remember to slightly modify your title and description to avoid duplicate content.
Once your YouTube channel is optimized, you can use it to grab users’ attention and redirect them to your website. It is difficult to maintain their attention on YouTube, which is the source of many distractions (advertisements, suggested videos…). It is therefore better to redirect them to your website, where they will only be confronted with your content.
On YouTube, all types of videos can be published. Favor long formats, because visitors come to the platform in order to watch video.
Finally, YouTube offers many benefits, starting with its audience of more than 2 billion daily users. Publishing your videos to this audience is completely free. Finally, if you work on your VSEO correctly, you will optimize your chances of promoting your video on the first page of Google results.
6. Your Facebook page
Facebook is still the number one social network in the world today in terms of number of users. The platform hosts many different content, visual or editorial. The video stands out and attracts the attention of users.
As with any social broadcast, you must adapt the formats and messages. For example, on Facebook, the user faces many distractions. Its attention is therefore limited, which is why you should favor short videos, of about 30 seconds.
To make it easier to assign your video to your brand, consider adapting it to your graphic charter.
Finally, 85% of Facebook videos are watched without sound. Make your videos so they can be watched without audio. Add subtitles in case of voiceover.
The videos most suited to the Facebook platform are entertaining, informative or educational content: you can therefore animate amazing video statistics, a product tutorial, an event aftermovie, etc.
Among the advantages provided by Facebook, there is good visibility thanks to the automatic playback of videos. By triggering automatically, the video attracts the attention of users in their newsfeed.
In addition, engagement on Facebook is superior to YouTube, and if you want to boost your content, you can use Facebook advertising services that allow you to reach your targets precisely and effectively.
7. Your LinkedIn page
Linkedin is another social network relevant to the dissemination of your videos. Indeed, videos are 20 times more shared than any other type of content.
Like on Facebook, publish your videos natively: they are favored by algorithms, because they keep the visitor on their platform. Ideally, provide subtitles to allow users to view your content without audio.
The tone is more institutional, informative and educational, but nothing prevents adding a touch of humor, on the contrary!
The videos to be broadcast on LinkedIn are intended for an audience of professionals. We advise you:
- Videos related to your area of expertise. For example, video advice on SEO if you are a web agency;
- Your video pitch to attract prospects;
- Your success stories in entrepreneurship;
- Your collaborations with other professionals. Remember to identify them to improve your reach;
- Customer testimonials and case studies to allow your prospects to project themselves into a potential collaboration;
- Your corporate film to fuel your storytelling.
LinkedIn has a very engaged audience and the advertising system allows you to target your dissemination campaigns finely.
Bonus: video hosts
Wistia and Vimeo, for example, are also platforms to consider for promoting your videos on the web. These are video hosts that group high quality videos. The community is certainly more limited, but more characterized.
These platforms do not broadcast advertising, which provides a better user experience, and therefore, better attention to your messages.
However, it is better to subscribe to a professional account to access higher storage spaces and add content for commercial purposes.
You now have all the keys in hand to promote your video on the web.
Many channels exist, the list being non-exhaustive. Remember to define your channels upstream to adapt your content to the specifics of each of them. If you have video marketing projects, don’t hesitate to refer to a video production agency.