To be effective, it is essential to follow the results of your SEO actions! The goal: to have the key data to make the right decisions and ultimately improve its SEO.
Why it is important to track your results
Without key data, it is very complicated to optimize your SEO. SEO will ask you for an investment, whether in time if you do it yourself or in budget if you go through a provider.
In order to improve its return on investment, it is essential to set up a monitoring of key data. Be careful, always favor the data that will allow you to make decisions and have concrete actions behind it.
The key data to follow for its referencing
In order to get to the point and set up your SEO dashboard, I recommend that you start with this data:
- The audience brought by search engines as well as its share on your global audience. This is to see what your SEO represents over the months.
- The progression compared to the same period last year (to erase the effect of seasonality and to take note of the evolution).
- The number of leads (contacts, sales, prospects… depending on your case) brought by the search engines and the associated transformation rate.
- The position of your site on a panel of keywords related to your activity.
Of course, you can add other indicators depending on your goals.
It will also be important to identify the expressions that bring you the most leads to have a more detailed follow-up, in particular by following their positioning in the Google results.
If for most of these indicators the Google Analytics and Google Search Console tools are sufficient, to follow the positioning, you will have to use a tool.
There are several on the market, often these tools are intended for SEO professionals and are therefore complex to use for neophytes.
But, good news, here is a simple, effective and inexpensive tool to track your positions, find out with us Allorank.
Allorank: a simple and effective tool to track your positions
This tool intended for SEO beginners (but not only) is simple and effective. We quickly obtain key information to track its performance in search results. In 5 minutes you have set up the tool and can follow your results.
Here are the main features offered:
- Track positions on a panel of keywords you determine.
- Monitoring the volume of research on these key expressions. You can prioritize your actions accordingly.
- Tracking the competition by discovering new competitors and tracking the progress of your main competitors.
- A system of alerts to be notified in the event of a major change of position.
- A weekly report on your positions.
Allorank in practice
1time step, go to www.allorank.com and create your account for free. The free version allows you to follow a dozen keywords for 10 days which is already a very good start 😊
Once your account is activated, just enter your domain and your version of Google.
Second step: fill in your 10 keywords and your city. The tool gives you suggestions for expressions based on your site.
Once this step is completed, you access your personalized report.
By connecting to the tool you have an overview of your visibility:
By clicking on the site which interests you, you arrive at the report detailing your positions.
At a glance, you get:
The position on each of the keywords, the evolution compared to the previous report, your best position and the volume of searches of the keyword:
You can, if necessary, export the results to csv and pdf.
The tool also offers you a global view of your visibility in the form of a curve in order to visually see your progress. The keywords won and lost are also highlighted:
Your main competitors are then displayed with their performance:
Finally, you have options for:
- Study a particular period;
- Share reports;
- Create alerts;
- Add new keywords.
Daily reports to track SEO
Every morning, you can receive this type of alert:
Very practical to react quickly if necessary.
And now, as you can already realize, the tool is very simple, quick to handle and provided key information to manage your SEO actions!
And good news, Allorank offers a free trial version to track ten keywords over a 10-day period.
The offer is then very simple: € 7.90 per month for 50 expressions to € 47.90 for 500 expressions.
Click here to test the tool for free
Article written in collaboration with Allorank