Advertising is very important for bringing your brand, products and / or services to life. Good publicity is a major issue for businesses in the face of increased competition and digital …
Inevitably, from the moment you launch an advertising campaign via your page on social networks, various questions may arise:
- Is the image I put online striking enough, relevant?
- Is the description clear?
- Is the text well written?
Publication boost or Advertising campaign?
First, you have to make a choice regarding the advertising that will be visible on the social network. You can for example sponsor content on your page company already published in the past.
On the contrary, you can create real ads. These will not appear on your business page but only to the users you target.
Of course, your advertising disseminated according to your budget and the desired programming.
Elements of success for Facebook ads
This is no longer to be demonstrated in the field of advertising and marketing, the visual has a big impact.
However, this is not the only factor to be taken into account. It would be a shame to neglect them. Here are a few :
- Theoffer : What the publication will highlight (the product or the service);
- The Landing Page, that is, the page where users will be redirected after a click;
- The creative content, containing the image, the title, the descriptive text, the call to action button;
- Theaudience, that is, the target audience for Facebook advertising;
- The budget, which will affect the number of people reached and how quickly they reach your target audience.
Let’s take a look at some key elements for your Facebook ads.
The audience corresponds to anyone who may be potentially interested in the proposed offer.
Knowing the audience you want to reach is vital. Facebook offers the opportunity to build three different audiences:
- Recorded audience : you target people based on their interests, location, etc. ;
- Personalized audience : they are people who had an interaction with your company;
- Similar audience : people who look like a personalized audience.
Defining an audience is real substantive work, to be done with particular attention to your Facebook advertising.
An audience that corresponds well to your offer will make the advertising campaign relevant and above all profitable.
Key concepts to integrate into advertising
The performance ofe Facebook advertising depnd of a number of key concepts to integrate into advertising publications.
To maximize advertising performance, you should clearly identify:
- The functionality of the product, the service offered. The audience must be able to understand the main characteristics in an instant. It is therefore necessary to be precise and specific in the manner of presentation;
- The benefits brought : what interests do the highlighted product or service bring to the customer?
- Based on distinctions. If necessary, highlight the distinctions received (nomination for an award, citations in the media, etc.). This helps gain credibility;
- Stoke curiosity. Creating an advertisement means knowing how to balance between the information given on the publication and that which will be discovered after the click;
- Create the need. Give the user who clicks a good reasonact quickly. The implementation of a promotional code limited in time may encourage the future customer to validate his purchase.
Five key elements of successful advertising
A Facebook ad is made up of five distinct elements from each other. Each of these elements is autonomous but fits into a more global advertising approach.
The game will consist of juggling between these different elements to meet the concepts mentioned above. Create the need, pique curiosity, talk about the characteristics and benefits that the product has.
Small block located just above the ad image, the text should be short.
Too long a text will imply the appearance of the link “show more” and may discourage a user from viewing the full content.
It is possible to be creative in a short format. Advertising spots do it well.
A description, the staging of benefits brought, a promo code and some emojis can be useful here.
Everything is possible as long as communication remains accessible and Claire in the broadcast message.
The impact of an image is often worth a thousand words. A badly chosen image can harm an advertising campaign.
It must therefore be chosen with care and anticipate the echo that it could have with Internet users.
The visual can be created internally according to the skills of your teams. If Photoshop remains a master in the matter, it is technical software.
Some online tools also allow you to obtain visuals without the need for graphic skills (Canva is a good example).
Finally, so-called free image sites can also be interesting (Freepik for example).
Beware of the images you choose on third-party sites. Not all images are available and are protected by copyright. Always be careful about your choices in this matter to avoid future problems.
Besides, there is no point in overloading your image with text. Facebook only allows 20% text but the rule seems abstract in its application.
In any case, an image must have enough meaning and be evocative enough to do without additional text.
It may seem surprising but the title of a Facebook ad will take its place under the picture and not before.
The title is not a complete description, it must be short and inform the user in a few characters.
It can act ascall to action, or just give the audience a reason to click on the link.
The title should grab attention and arouse a sense of curiosity. You should encourage users to click and see in more detail what you offer.
Description of the link
Too often overlooked or taken lightly, the description is barely visible on the ad. You should know thatit does not appear in all placements.
This description is complementary and must be integrated into the whole with harmony.
It can help reinforce the overall message, clarify the offer or the product.
The call to action
The call to action depends on the objective chosen for the advertising campaign. Of course, it must be linked to the publication.
The goal is toprompt action related to the rest of the ad.
Take the example of a new menu brought online by a restaurant. A “book now” button therefore seems relevant. We offer the possibility to the user to reserve a table.
The call to action must remain consistent with the rest of the elements.
However, of this advertising may depend on the future of a product or service. You must therefore pay particular attention and major reflection.
Ask yourself questions that correspond to the points seen together.
- How to highlight the offer?
- To which page should users be referred?
- Which audience to target?
- What budget to invest?
- What creative content to highlight?
These first elements allow you to scan the key elements for your Facebook ads.
Remember that you should seek to arouse curiosity. You don’t have to sell in your advertising, you have to make clicks. Your website will do the rest.
Of course, creating Facebook advertising is not limited to its stages. Then you have to monitor your performance and analyze your results.
Finally, remember that when it comes to Facebook ads, daring can pay off. You have to test and learn of your trials.