Having worked for several months on a thesis on Inbound Marketing, I offer you a summary of the best resources on the internet (English and French) that will allow you to become an Ace of Inbound Marketing!
2 books on Inbound Marketing to read
I start by quoting 2 books (in English) that you can buy online that allowed me to understand the foundations of Inbound Marketing:
- “Inbound Marketing: Get Found Using Google, Social Media, and Blogs” of Brian Halligan and Dharmesh Shah. Even if this book is a little dated (2009), it will allow you to work on your Inbound Marketing strategy on the different communication channels. It is important to note that this book was created by Brian Halligan, founder of Hubspot, the first software publisher to use the term Inbound Marketing to describe his specialty.
- “Inbound Marketing and SEO: Insights from the Moz Blog” by Rand Fishkin and Thomas Hogenhaven. This book written by Rand Fishkin, Guru SEO is a compilation of several articles written on the Moz blog dealing with both SEO and Inbound Marketing. Even if this turns out to be a compilation of articles on the Web, some have been updated and this book remains a gold mine for all those who would like to have tips and advice in Inbound Marketing and SEO.
Rand Fishkin’s video “Inbound Marketing for startup”
To transition to Rand Fishkin, I strongly recommend that you watch this video (in English) from Rand Fishkin : ” Inbound Marketing for startup: how to earn customers without paying for them »Made at Hacker News in London. The video lasts an hour but you will not waste your time: examples of Inbound Marketing strategy illustrated with the humor of Rand Fishkin, you will not be disappointed!
2 community sites to follow to learn about trends in Inbound Marketing
I will then continue by citing 2 communities of Inbound Marketers that will allow you to be updated daily on the latest trends in Inbound Marketing. Here I’m talking about:
You can subscribe in particular to the various groups dealing with Inbound Marketing on LinkedIn:
The list is extensive as you can see by searching for the different groups with the keyword “Inbound Marketing”.
As you will probably have noticed, today, the massification of web content makes searches increasingly difficult to find quality content, especially to search for guides or white papers. This is why I offer you some guides and sites where you can find quality white papers that have helped me work on the Inbound Marketing strategy.
First, I would cite the guides written by the QuickSprout team and more specifically Neil Patel. These files are very dense but of impeccable quality. If you don’t know anything about digital marketing, these files will teach you how to develop a digital strategy, including concrete examples. They describe how to carry out a reporting or a communication plan and they can be downloaded for free in PDF format without having to fill in a form. What is more, the files have been worked on aesthetically. This is a good example of an Inbound Marketing strategy voici Here are 3 but I invite you to watch them all if you have the time:
You can then follow the Hubspot solution editor on Slideshare, which regularly publishes presentations on Inbound Marketing as well as Rand Fishkin and Marketo.
French blogs specialized in Inbound Marketing
If you are not familiar with the language of Shakespeare, you can follow the blogs of French agencies specializing in Inbound Marketing which regularly publish interesting content and offer white papers:
- Markentive directed by Christian Neff;
- 1min30 directed by Gabriel Dabi Schwebel;
- Remarqbl directed by Jérôme Simon.
Finally, a new event appeared this year, the “Inbound Marketing Day” which brought together several digital professionals. If you missed it, the event returns in 2015 😉
There is still a lot of interesting content that I could have forgotten so don’t hesitate to let us know in the comments!
Hope to have helped you in your research on Inbound Marketing!