With the advent of NICTs, companies have revised their methods of addressing their customers. Today, thanks to the internet, you are able to communicate and reach targets that were previously difficult to access. This is how websites are the ultimate means of communication for businesses …
However, it is not enough to set up a website to make yourself known and see your sales grow. Parameters like the natural reference are essential to hoist the site in the top ranking, in search engines.
What is an optimized site?
Search Engine Optimization (SEO), which can be associated with natural referencing, is a technique that requires certain skills available to SEO consultants or certain structures commonly called ” Web agency” The goal is to improve the visibility on the internet, and therefore increase traffic. Applied to a site, this technique allows it to appear in a good position on search engines such as Google.
An SEO-optimized site is therefore a site which has benefited from significant contributions which will help to attract Internet users to it. In addition, faced with the proliferation of websites, it is necessary that those who wish to make theirs stand out. The optimized site is therefore a site that uses techniques that allow it to be highlighted . Webmasters or web agencies generally have the skills to do this job.
The two main factors of natural referencing
Optimizing or referencing a site is done in two different ways. It is :
- On-site referencing: it takes into account the means that directly impact the internal components of a site. For example, the structure, content and performance of the site are elements that are influenced by “on-site” referencing;
- The second way is “off-site” referencing : This takes into account external factors related to the site, which help to indirectly improve the optimization of the site. The elements in question are: netlinking, Community management…
The points to be approached for the optimization of a site
Highlighting a site involves checking certain essential parameters. Among these parameters, we will focus on:
- The creation of an ergonomic interface, easy to use . The website is the first thing people see when they search. As such, it must reflect positively the image of the company. Thus the home page informs Internet users and the robots of the various search engines about the intrinsic interest of the site. A light structure is strongly recommended;
- Quality content, consistent with the purpose of the site: this implies that the articles must relate to subjects which are specific to the company. The point must be emphasized on the key words which retrace the activities carried out by the structure, all in impeccable language. Texts should not be too long, ideally, between 250 and 500 words. This will have an impact on the robot analysis work which will only be improved. Natural and non-duplicated content is essential to improve its SEO;
- The implementation of a communication strategy around the site : keep in mind that a site does not appear automatically when it is created in searches. The process by which algorithms detect it is called indexing. This process may take days to produce concrete results. To improve this latency, it is necessary to set up a procedure which will suggest the URL of your home page to the robots of the search engines.
The essential reasons for an optimization strategy for your site
There are several reasons to optimize a site.
- Optimization or natural referencing does not pay strictly speaking : Unlike ads on social platforms, optimization is a completely free feature. In the past, it was not uncommon to have to pay advertisers to get their site well positioned on search engines. But now, it is thanks to natural referencing that these sites will make themselves known without the need to spend money. In addition, there are today a multitude of tools that come to the rescue in carrying out this task. Researching keywords and making available a large number of videos dealing with the subject will make the job easier;
- The main advantage of natural referencing is that it generates quality traffic : to highlight this point, the example of an e-commerce site is adequate. Thanks to paid referencing, the site will welcome visitors, but there is no guarantee that these customers will make purchases. This is the result of poor targeting of customers. While natural referencing puts at the heart of its strategy, targeting the people concerned by the theme of your site;
- The improvement of the conversion rate and the increase of the turnover will be more important if the site is well optimized : In reality, maximizing the content of a site is not the only element to take into account for a well-optimized site. Other factors such as site loading, improving the customer experience and optimizing sales pages matter enormously. Respect for these different aspects increases quality traffic, and in turn influences sales;
- The differentiation of your site compared to the competition is a major advantage offered by natural referencing : success on the web necessarily goes through this point and to neglect it would be to leave market shares to competitors;
- The dynamism of a brand image is an element visible at first glance when the site is optimized : in reality, it only takes a few seconds for a visitor to get an idea of the website he has in front of him. If he likes what he sees, chances are he will turn into a customer. However, if the site takes a long time to load or has other shortcomings, you risk losing it. SEO therefore has the obligation to leave nothing to chance, the dynamism that the website will reflect will have an impact on the idea that we can have of the structure;
- With more than 200 existing criteria, the optimization strategy must be considered over the long term:so it’s not about rushing the job and working with the future in mind. The fallout from such a practice will be real. Opting for such a strategy will contribute to the sustainability of the site;
- Optimization creates a community within social platforms:when visitors to an optimized site like it, they tend to return by inviting people who are committed to the same cause. This has the advantage of developing a community of committed people;
- The online improvement of the reputation of a structure will depend on the optimization of its website..
What skills are required to optimize a site?
Optimizing a site involves knowledge of the language specific to search engines . This ability allows the specialist to implement the necessary information, to position it in the right place. Clues like “page rank” and “trust rank” help determine the credibility and relevance of a site. It is therefore fundamental for the SEO expert of know how these indices work.
One eye should always be kept on its online competitors, so thatidentify keywordswhich perfectly define the activity of the structure and will make the difference. These keywords are essential for better positioning.
To achieve this, any individual must develop a particular skill . He will have to juggle between the world of web marketing, SEO, editorial strategy, as well as social networks. In short, there is no specific training that leads to the SEO profession. The skills to be acquired are diverse. It is therefore imperative to follow as much training as possible to master each point related to this profession.
Optimizing images and links: essential factors
The titles and descriptions of the different pages of the website must be unique. This will avoid disrupting Google’s algorithms, causing confusion, and robots will not think the site is duplicating content.
More clearly, your work will not be seen as copying and pasting from other sites. This is how a natural referencing agency designs sites optimized for their customers who apply these basic rules. You can also call on an SEO consultant to know the rules to apply to your website to improve its positioning.
Verification that each page has its description and title is mandatory. The technical language names the first title by H1 and the latter must also contain keywords. The most important pages of the site must contain texts with a minimum of words to be taken seriously by the algorithms.
At least 1000 words are required for this kind of pages. By reaching this quota of words, Google considers that your page is “seo friendly“And your site will be placed in the category of content that may be of interest to a large number of Internet users. The meta description tag is also important to Googlebot.
Outside ofbacklinks, which are external links, the structure of the site and its hierarchy are very important. The factor that gives value to a backlink is the reputation of the site that generated it. The second factor that gives weight to a link is the similarity of the themes addressed on the two sites.
Concerning your images, it is essential to indicate an alt attribute (alternative text) so that they are correctly indexed on Google images.