The search engine directives evolve over time, especially with regard to netlinking, but the 3 pillars of SEO remain: technical optimization, writing quality content and setting up a quality and natural links strategy. And in this context, the press relation (or blogger) remains a technique which is bearing fruit… Let’s see together how to set up an effective press relation both in terms of reputation and SEO…
No need to remember, we forget the publication of low-end CP hurriedly on a multitude of sites. If you don’t want to spend time on your press relations strategy, you can turn to certain specialized services, but be careful not to be fooled.
For this type of service, make sure to check these important points:
- The quality of the content;
- The quality of the sites on which the content is published;
- The diversity of content (each content must be unique);
- And non-optimization or over-optimization of links.
If these 4 points are respected, we can consider delegating this part to services like boostermonseo.fr for example. If there is time, we will still prefer to set up a press relations strategy by respecting these steps:
- The choice of the right supports;
- Making personalized contact with these media;
- Monitoring of these.
Let’s see together how to organize.
1: Choose the right media
First, what is good press relations support? This is a medium that will touch my target and which will therefore talk about subjects that interest it. We therefore forget the sites out of context even if they are popular.
To find sites in our thematic, research on Google or on tools listing sites by thematic (like the regretted Teads ranking) will allow us to find our first leads. Google News will also allow you to be fairly sure of the quality of the sites in question, with Google manually selecting them.
Beyond the theme, we will look at some criteria to make our selection:
- The quality of the content: by reading the latest articles, you can quickly see the general quality of the site. If there is any doubt, it is that the site is not to be retained;
- The frequency of content: the last article published dates from a year ago? We forget this site, we prefer sites that publish regularly;
- SEO criteria: indexed pages, mozrank, age of the site (cf. archive.org) … study the criteria that characterize the referencing of the site you wish to contact.
If the criteria are all green, bingo, we select the medium.
2: Contact the sites in a personalized way
We have identified a dozen sites, now let’s get in touch. Keep the following tips in mind:
- Nobody wants to receive yet another standard email. Editorial sites receive a multitude of requests, remember to personalize your approach so as not to annoy them;
- Choose a topic that would really interest them. Everyone doesn’t care about your new site, try to find a subject that will make the journalist or blogger want to write;
- Always in the same vein, do not send the same subject to a multitude of sites, try to have several subjects and to reserve an exclusivity for each of the supports. Not only will journalists / bloggers feel appreciated, but it will also allow you to have really different items from one site to another (and that Google appreciates).
You have these tips in mind, get started!
3: Organize to be effective
If you want to have a real press relationship over time, you will have to organize yourself. And your best friend in history is this good old Excel or Google Docs for the most connected! Create a tracking file to keep in mind:
- The various media contacted;
- The proposals sent;
- The different important dates for follow-up (contact date, recovery date, implementation date, etc.).
So you will be ready and organized.
Ensure a natural link profile
Last recommendation, take care of a natural link profile. Do not think Google, think users, do not try to optimize your anchors, but rather the ergonomics of links for your visitors. Always in a logic of natural rendering, do not look only for follow links, but share your link acquisitions between follow and no-follow. Last recommendation in terms of natural rendering: diversify the types of supports.
Also remember to watch the Google guidelines, they change frequently, update yourself! If you want to make sure you never have a problem, always think about the quality and needs of your readers.