Develop the customer satisfaction is a major issue for the business when it sells a product or service to a customer. This is also the case when she invites a guest to a event whether it is an event to celebrate the company’s anniversary, to invite its customers to an open house, or even to bring together its managers during a seminar. Guaranteeing a satisfactory customer experience during a purchase or an event has become a priority …
What is customer satisfaction?
Customer satisfaction is defined as a state of consent from a consumer following an act of purchase. Yves Evrard defined it thus by integrating the notion of experience: “Satisfaction is a psychological state following a purchase / consumption and relative experience”.
Customer satisfaction is positive when their expectations are met. It is the experience offered to the customer that will influence their satisfaction.
Why assess Customer satisfaction?
Customer satisfaction is an essential growth driver for the company. It obviously impacts his income.
According to Infoquest, a satisfied customer generates 14 times more revenue than a dissatisfied customer. But Customer satisfaction goes beyond this single financial aspect.
It thus has consequences on:
- The company’s image ;
- Customer loyalty.
A “Lee Resources” study estimates that 91% of dissatisfied customers will no longer buy products that are the source of their dissatisfaction.
Let’s also not forget that the cost of acquisition can be 5 to 25 times higher than the cost of retention.
- Negative word of mouth
Indeed, according to a study by American Express, in the event of a bad experience, 60% of customers tell 15 people. In the case of a positive experience, only 30% entrust it to 8 people!
- The turnover of employees and the difficulty of recruiting …
As we can see, customer satisfaction is a major issue for the company, all the more so in markets with increasingly fierce competition.
Why assess Customer satisfaction in events?
Customer satisfaction for an event now consists of providing participants with a memorable experience.
Satisfied guests following an event produce the same effects:
- Generate business;
- Facilitate the next registrations;
- Build customer loyalty to the brand;
- Promote the visibility of the company;
- Improve your brand image …
In addition, the evaluation of customer satisfaction allows to improve the next versions of your events whether they are virtual, hybrid or physical events.
Some KPIs will give you a first idea of the relevance of your event, its content and its organization:
- The number of re-enrollments;
- The virality of your event;
- Engagement on your social networks;
- The number and time of connection during a virtual event;
- Interactivity during your event …
Then, by questioning your guests, you will get valuable feedback.
A satisfaction questionnaire is an essential tool to assess the degree of satisfaction of participants.
In addition to the feedback on your event, it will help you:
- Better understand the expectations of your audience;
- Identify unsuspected bread points;
- Design future content and next versions of your event;
- Improve the customer experience.
Finally, by interviewing your participants, you show them an interest, which they will most certainly appreciate!
Design a satisfaction questionnaire
The content of your questions will depend above all on:
- The objectives assigned to your event;
- From your audience;
- The type of your event: seminar, conference, trade fair, evening …
The content of the questions will also vary from the operational elements you wish to assess:
- Recruitment communication;
- Stakeholders ;
- Contents ;
- The animations…
Thus, give respondents confidence by starting with questions that are not very involved and easy to answer. Ask them at the start of your questionnaire about their overall satisfaction, and use scale questions. Finally, end with open questions by positioning them as improvements to be made and mix closed and open questions, simple and complex questions.
What questions to measure satisfaction with your event?
Here are some questions to measure your customers’ satisfaction with your event based on:
- The type of event organized;
- Customer issues;
- Elements to evaluate …
Evaluation of the event as a whole
- How do you rate the event in general?
- Would you be ready to recommend this event to a loved one?
- How likely are you to attend our next session on a scale of 1 to 10?
- What did you like / least like about this event?
Evaluation on specific elements
- What are the criteria that motivated your registration (speaker, content, location, etc.)?
- What did you think of the content offered?
- What do you think of the activities offered?
- How do you judge the quality of the speakers?
- What do you think of the services offered for the organization of the event (reception, catering, decorations, etc.)?
- What new things did you learn about this event?
Questions to build a next event
- Do you have in mind the names of speakers that you would like to see at our next event? If yes, which ones ?
- What themes would you like to see dealt with?
- What themes would you like to see addressed in our next session?
- What content might interest you?
- Where would you like our next event to be organized?
Evaluation for future events
- Are you thinking of coming back to one of our events? Why ?
- What are you expecting from the next event?
- How to improve this next event?
- What recommendations would you like to make to us?
Evaluate customer satisfaction on your events
Evaluating the level of customer satisfaction offers essential areas for improvement for your next events. This knowledge makes it possible to make a festive and entertaining moment a strategic acquisition channel for the company. It also makes it possible to keep a memorable experience to all participants!