Wondering how to turn your followers into customers on Instagram? In this article, learn how to get the most out of your Instagram marketing every step of the way in the customer journey and create an effective conversion funnel …
What does an Instagram conversion funnel look like?
Instagram has more than 1.07 billion users worldwide who spend an average of 53 minutes per day on the platform (compared to 58 minutes per day for Facebook users). And those numbers only keep increasing as we continue into 2021. Given that Instagram helps 80% of platform users decide to buy a product or service, it makes sense. to create an Instagram sales funnel for your brand. If there ever was a perfect time to create an Instagram sales funnel, now is!
The content marketing funnel is a series of posts that get a potential customer to know about your brand early on and decide to buy from you accordingly. The best way to better understand the Instagram conversion funnel is to break it down.
There are several ways to do this. In this article, we’ll focus on four key phases:
- To attract
In order for the funnel to work as it should, you need to:
- Communicate with your audience in your account;
- Respond to their comments;
- Make them leave comments under your posts.
The first phase: Attract
This is the time when you first grab the attention of consumers. They first become aware of you and what you have to offer. The best way to get people to your Instagram account is touse shareable content And one proactive engagement . Shareable content differs slightly depending on your industry and what your own unique audience responds to.
That’s why it’s important to keep an eye on your Insights, because what drives actions for your competitor may not drive you, and vice versa. Inspirational / ambitious Instagram posts work great for industries such as travel, food, sports / fitness, home decor, and fashion. Just think about how many times you’ve shared a picture of a faraway destination with your friends, or a photo of a mouth-watering burger.
But what if you don’t work in these industries? In this case, consider posts:
- Inspired / aspiring
How to optimize the attraction phase of your Instagram sales funnel ?
- Make sure your Instagram feed is consistent and clear by showing cohesion in your visual aesthetic;
- Make sure your Instagram bio is optimized. This means including a keyword in your “Name” to clearly show what you are doing as well as a call to action;
- Keep an eye on your Instagram metrics to understand which types of content are performing well and which types are not. The more closely you watch them, the more you will know what is working and the more you will adjust your Instagram strategy accordingly.
- Don’t overlook the highlights of your Story! Your story highlights can serve as a “mini website,” bringing your ideal customer closer to the point of purchase.
Shareable content and proactive engagement being a key part of your Instagram strategy, your task now is to deepen your relationship with your audience so that they turn from followers to fans. Which brings us to the second phase of your Instagram conversion funnel.
The second phase: Support
While the “Attract” phase of your Instagram sales funnel is crucial in developing your Instagram presence, arguably the most important phase is the “Coach” phase. This is where you strengthen relationships with your audience, building with them the most important factors of knowledge, appreciation and trust. To do this, use:
Video is the best way to start developing more meaningful relationships with your community. Your voice, the phrases you say, and the way you pronounce them help people get to know you better and feel like they’ve heard from a friend, not an “account”.
Regardless of niche or industry, images of people associated with honest / vulnerable / personal captions tend to perform very well on Instagram. These “people” could be the person behind the account, company employees, or satisfied customers / customers. This type of content is incredibly powerful in putting a face on the Instagram account and building 1: 1 relationships with people.
Educational content (tips and tricks, tutorials, etc.)
The final type of content that helps deepen a connection with your community and turn it from follower to fan is educational content. This type of content is your opportunity to show off your expertise and prove that you know exactly what you’re talking about.
How to optimize the deepening phase of your Instagram sales funnel ?
- Share your know-how. There is no such thing as giving away too much free content. As long as you educate your audience on the “why” and not the “how”, keep presenting and serving.
- Show yourself more! This includes showing more of your face on your grid, but also appearing as regularly as possible on Instagram Stories. It’s the fastest way to build the knowledge, appreciation, and trust factor with your audience.
- Include more videos in your content strategy. You don’t have to start from scratch – think about how your existing content could be turned into simple IGTVs or even Instagram Live.
The third phase: Convert
In this phase of the sales funnel, someone is ready to convert. In other words, followers are ready to deposit money on your offer. This is your opportunity to share compelling promotional content. To do this most effectively, testimonials, reviews, benefits of your offering, and transformation stories will help convince your audience that your product or service is right for them.
When it’s time to share promotional content to announce an offer or launch, be sure to spell out the main benefits. Subscribers who were nurtured through your sales funnel will now feel like they really know you. They will trust your expertise and they will be ready to buy.
How to optimize the conversion phase of your Instagram sales funnel?
- Tell your followers how they can work with you at least once a week. Along with your shareable, personal, and educational content, you should regularly share promotional posts.
- Make sure it is really obvious to people that they can work with you. Make sure you have a clear call-to-action in your bio that leads to a relevant URL.
The fourth phase: Referencing – Retaining
This phase is where you get glowing testimonials to share on Instagram that will convince strangers that they must work with you. This “social proof” encourages people to follow the actions of others – because no one wants to be the one. first to buy something… And an added bonus to providing a fantastic experience for your customers and clients is the powerful word-of-mouth marketing.
How to optimize the SEO phase of your Instagram sales funnel?
- Make sure your buying process / customer onboarding process is set up correctly and provides an easy and enjoyable experience for people. This means that from the start, they will feel good about investing their money in you.
- Always provide a prompt feedback form for clients and clients. This is an important part of the client offshoring process and can easily slip to the bottom of the task list, especially when you are a small business owner.
- Create a dedicated comments file to save all testimonials, positive emails, and glowing direct messages. All of this can be shared (courtesy the author) on your Instagram account to encourage people to buy from you.
When you want to use Instagram to grow your business, a conversion funnel is essential. By creating organic and paid content for all four stages of the sales funnel, you can continually grow your audience, generate leads and conversions, and retain happy customers.
Sources: Iconosquare, Manychat