For all B2C e-commerce players, the sales period is an important event during which the acquisition of traffic will play a decisive role in turnover. I suggest my checklist of things to do to boost traffic during the sales via the various communication channels…
Google Adwords text ads
- Collect products on sale which will be the top products to highlight.
- Plan toincrease the budget of your campaigns according to your sales objectives.
- Expand its distribution on other interesting keywords (if you don’t have enough budget, increase the distribution on personalized audiences: for example by using retargeting on more generic queries).
- Increase bids usual or set up an auction strategy (to offset the increase in competition).
- Check campaign optimizations (negative search terms, ads, campaign segmentation, keyword quality levels, etc.).
If you also have Bings ads, do the same!
- With Google Adwords : plan to update the banners and text announcements of retargeting and increase the budget (production of banners specific to sales).
- Update banners, text announcements and increase the budget display by targeting similar audiences (to your list of buyers for example) and re-setting up a little targeting by placements (take the opportunity to do an audit of audiences, combinations of audiences. For example, retarget buyers from previous sales ).
- Reserve locations interesting on blogs / sites of your thematic or thematic which interest your buyers.
- See if it’s worth putting up a little text display (via adwords).
- See if it is interesting to set up type actions RTB or retargeting youtube video…
- Prepare in advance Google shopping sales campaigns and run them a few days before (so that the same day the distribution is immediate).
- Check the correct how your flows work and the scheduled import time on Google Merchant Center.
- If you have constraints with the schedule of your feed, you must plan a update file for google shopping (price update on adwords in 5 minutes).
- Segment your product groups by campaigns, if possible, then subdivide by product to be able to boost the bids on your star products or create an additional campaign by indicating a higher bid and with the google shopping parameter “distribution priority”: “high”.
- provide promotion offers for better visibility of the results during the sales. Ex:
- Prepare the communication which will be carried out on social networks, if possible plan publications in advance.
- Provide a specific budget for sponsored posts on Facebook
- Prepare classic announcements (on the right side of Facebook) or with products.
- Prepare your communication and segment your base to optimize performance.
- Provide rental of emailing files interesting.
- Set up or put back in place Retargeting email especially for cart abandonments (ex: VE interactive).
- Test Sponsored Gmail.Has anyone tested the system yet?
- Not a lot of specific actions, just one sales page optimized, some content related to sales on the Home Page and specific categories.
Other media (if budget large enough)
- If you have enough budget to do it, TV, radio and other non-web media can be very interesting, just look at the intensive use that big e-commerce players like Cdiscount make …
So much for my quick checklist for boost traffic to your e-commerce site during sales. If you do other interesting actions in terms of ROI, do not hesitate to comment! In any case if the turnover increases well thanks to a strong traffic during this important period, you can be satisfied!
Good sales to all!
Image source: Shutterstock.