Your marketing strategy will condition the health and success of your e-commerce business. Many entrepreneurs make the mistake of neglecting social networks that they consider futile or do not focus enough on understanding who their customers are and where they spend their time online …
To help you, I have selected the most frequent questions asked by e-commerce entrepreneurs who are new to marketing. In parallel, to go further, you can find our selection of books on digital marketing.
What are the Marketing Trends that Business Managers Should Know?
- Marketing has changed format. Most traditional promotion channels, such as radio and print advertising, have lost their relevance and are disappearing with the advent of digital. For entrepreneurs and business leaders, this is good news! The new ways of marketing are much less expensive and accessible to more people.
- Content is king. With so many sites to talk about, creating content is now the number 1 priority for marketers. E-tailers are now focusing on creating engaging content for social media, blogs, downloadable white papers, webinars, landing pages, videos and other online marketing acquisition channels.
- Inform, rather than Spammer. In the past, marketing campaigns “interrupted” customers in their business through canvassing or sending emails and promotional letters. Buyers are more and more informed about the products you sell and know very well how to ignore your sales pitch. To reach your potential customers in a genuine and sincere way, marketing now revolves around telling a brand story, creating a conversation with your customers on social networks and providing useful information to your audience, via articles. blogs or white papers.
How to make yourself known through marketing
- Creating and publishing quality content on a regular basis is essential. Consumers are spending more and more time online. You therefore need to develop interesting and attractive content, such as explanatory videos, photos of your products or blog articles.
- Make sure to include links to your site in your content. So that your potential customers know how to find you easily.
- Show your brand and your personality. If your brand was a person, what would their personality be? The identity of your brand / business should be clear and present in all aspects of your marketing, from the content you post to the way you express yourself on social media. This gives you the opportunity to distinguish yourself from your competitors and also allows your customers to identify with your business, to create an emotional relationship.
- Create typical customer profiles to target demographic categories. Consult your customer base and identify key trends such as age, gender, location, products purchased and other psychological factors. Associate these customers into specific groups and try to determine the needs and wants that your business can meet. In this way, you will have more suitable marketing.
- Use social networks and e-commerce integrations. With the rise of social media and e-commerce tools, having a profitable online business has never been easier. If you are just starting out, keep it simple. We recommend that you use an email marketing and newsletter service and choose two social networks, like Facebook and Pinterest. This will help you determine what works for you and your business.
- Track your stats. Pay attention to your key performance indicators to measure your growth and identify which actions have an impact on your sales objectives. For example, how many people use the coupon you posted on Facebook? What was the response rate of the email you sent to your customers? This will give you some clues on how to reach your customers and what type of offers work to increase your orders.
What do you think ?
Are there other levers in your marketing strategy that I haven’t mentioned? Are traditional marketing techniques still working for your business? Ask me your questions and share your ideas in the comments!