Amazon, Cdiscount or Ebay, marketplaces have become an essential pillar of e-commerce. More and more merchants want to make it one of their growth drivers. Marketplaces indeed allow a gain in visibility and notoriety, while giving the seller the opportunity to reach a larger target or on the contrary extremely qualified, at a lower cost. It’s also a great way to test new markets while minimizing risk taking …
The marketplace: a business accelerator
Here are some advantages of being present on marketplaces:
- Quickly increase its visibility and notoriety (brand and products). With more traffic, the seller can reach a larger or highly qualified target, at a lower cost;
- Save money ! The costs of creating an e-commerce site can push towards marketplaces. For brands that are just starting out, it’s a good way to display and sell their products;
- Reduce the risks. Marketplaces make it possible to test new market segments and assess the risks of the investment;
- Multiply sales channels. Marketplaces fit perfectly into your omnichannel sales strategy and complement your other touch-points;
- Develop its activity internationally. Marketplaces have no borders. They offer the possibility of setting out to conquer new international markets.
Getting into marketplaces is not always easy. Each of them has its own requirements in terms of content, visual formats, mandatory or optional information … This can quickly turn out to be time consuming, a source of errors, but also discouraging. We must also face the competition and succeed in standing out to take advantage of this new channel.
THE PIM, to optimize its presence on marketplaces
The PIM (Product Information Manager) is a catalog management tool that centralizes all product information (descriptions, images, technical information, etc.) and then automatically redistributes it on several sales channels (including marketplaces!).
It combines with a unified commerce solution to give you an easy experience. The first allows you to easily manage the product data while the second takes care of adapting it for each marketplace and managing sales. The advantage of PIM is its compatibility with all marketplaces. All you have to do is define transmission rules.
For example :
- A maximum number of characters for the text description;
- The choice of required or optional fields;
- Resizing visuals according to marketplace requirements;
- The opening of the catalog differentiated according to each market place selected.
And in a multi-brand environment?
The PIM adapts perfectly to a multi-brand environment. If your company manages a portfolio of several brands, each offering different products on different marketplaces, PIM simplifies the management of product data by optimizing processes. You just have to optimize your sales …