Increasingly implanted in our ecosystem, the e-commerce market knows dazzling growth with a turnover of 112 billion pounds in 2020 against 57 billion pounds in 2014 …
Rightly, e-commerce presents many significant advantages :
- A larger catchment area;
- A shop open 24 hours a day;
- Control of your fixed costs …
Far from the effects of ephemeral fashions, e-commerce seems have good years ahead of him thanks to our new consumption habits.
However, the democratization of e-commerce inevitably leads us to more intense competition.
To exist in this market full of promises and growth, it will therefore be necessary to make yourself known!
How to promote your e-commerce in 14 steps?
Several levers are at your disposal. We will present the most relevant to you.
1 – Optimize your site for natural referencing
With more than 620 million daily Google users, natural referencing is an acquisition lever to be taken very seriously. Better known under the name of SEO (Search Engine Optimization), natural referencing corresponds to your visibility on search engines.
Several actions are to be carried out as part of the SEO strategy. The first is to give your site technical credibility with search engines so that they can send traffic to it.
2 – Feed your blog
Another lever of the SEO strategy, writing content to feed your professional blog brings several benefits:
- Become a friend of Google: this search engine likes living sites which regularly offer new content to its users;
- Confirm your expertise with your readers as well as your credibility;
- Develop your notoriety: when you offer quality blog posts, they will be more likely to be shared and relayed;
- Create link: It will be easier to create partnerships with other bloggers and influencers as part of the netlinking that we will see below;
- Have content to offer in your emailing campaigns to see also below.
3 – Write product sheets
The purpose of a product sheet is to highlight the product. It should be simple and intuitive. It includes the description of the product as well as the visuals of enhancement.
Before embarking on the drafting of these, several actions must be defined:
- Identify the keyword on which to position yourself and insert it naturally into your content. We need to find it in your h1 title, in one of your h2 titles and in your content. Include it also in the metadata of your pages as well as in the ALT (alt text) tag of your page;
- Personalize your content according to your target. A product sheet intended for a professional is more technical than a product sheet intended for an individual. Do not copy and paste the content of the supplier’s sheet. Google doesn’t like this.
4 – Optimize local referencing
Local SEO is only useful if you have a physical store backed by your e-commerce.
Here are some actions to take as part of its implementation:
- Add a localization to the keywords on which you position yourself. Example: The UK 16th district clothing store;
- Register with local SEO directories;
- Create your Google My Business account and get as much feedback as possible from your customers and suppliers.
5 – doing netlinking
Netlinking is the strategy that allows you to get inbound links to your site from other sites. To learn more before setting up your netlinking strategy, here are 7 ways to get quality backlinks.
6 – Do emailing
Direct marketing technique, emailing is an advertising message sent to its target. One of the advantages of this lever is its ability to raise awareness and generate interest in your products with your customers and prospects.
Emailing is particularly useful in the context of remarketing. According to the FEVAD (federation of e-commerce and distance selling), the cart abandonment rate is between 70 to 80%.
7 – Animate your community on social networks
The English spend an average of 2 hours and 25 minutes on the internet per day, i.e. 19 minutes more than in 2019 (over 15%). Whether you are addressing BtoB or BtoC, your target is surely on social networks:
- Identify the most relevant social networks for you (the one your target frequents);
- Set up a posting routine to unite your community around your brand.
8 – Set up advertising actions (SEA)
The SEA (Seach Engine advertising ) according to Wikipedia is the establishment of subsidized responses (paid, auction or fixed cost) in the results pages of a search engine (SERP), as opposed to free referencing, said natural.
The main advantage of SEA is that it gives us instant visibility while allowing you to control acquisition costs.
You define the budget to be allocated to your campaigns and thanks to an auction system you win the best position.
Without a clear SEA strategy, the cost of your campaign can explode very quickly without a return on investment.
9 – Buzz marketing (viral marketing)
Buzz marketing is a marketing technique used by marketers to generate buzz about the product or brand. The goal is to create excitement around the product and encourage readers to share as much as possible.
The main advantages of this technique are:
- Develop word of mouth around your product or brand.
- Become an ambassador: the consumer himself becomes your ambassador.
Buzz marketing works with several levers:
- Content marketing
- Guerrilla marketing
- Social networks.
10 – Set up an online public relation
Online public relation is a new practice in editorial matters. This involves publishing a press release on publication sites, or publication sites specializing in your field of activity.
The advantages of this technique:
- Have an interesting link for your netlinking, thus promoting your natural referencing.
- Have an almost zero implementation cost.
11 – Work on marketplaces
Amazon, Cdiscount, Aliexpress are the current leaders in e-commerce. It may even seem impossible to us to find our way into this market. Their commitments are very difficult to compete with.
Thanks to their marketplaces, you will be able to benefit from their notoriety to sell your products and make your brand known in order to direct your next buyers to your e-commerce directly.
12 – Exploit affiliate sites
Same principle as marketplaces, affiliate sites play the role of matchmaker. They will promote your products for a commission if a sale is made through their site.
13 – Use price comparators
We are constantly on the lookout for great deals on the internet. What could be better than a comparison site to find the most advantageous price. Even if the frequentation of comparison sites has declined in recent years, registering when you offer discount or high-end products will be beneficial to you.
14 – Use private sales sites
The purpose of private sales sites is to offer the lowest prices on the market. To do this, they assume that unsold inventory is expensive. Instead of destroying it or storing it indefinitely, it would be better to sell it cheaply.
Like comparison sites, this channel allows you to sell your stock and promote your brand.
There are a multitude of levers to promote your e-commerce. So that your efforts are better, distributed and you ensure a result, get support from a professional.
About the Author
|Karim Allek: WordPress consultant and developer, Woocommerce and SEO strategy.
With 10 years of experience in business management in 3 agencies. I have a particular appetite for entrepreneurship. I like to take the time to understand your issues, your environment in order to bring you that external perspective that you so need. 🙂
My Values in 3 words: Benevolence, Ethics and Human.
LinkedIn – Coder – Facebook