“Business as usual” is difficult for you right now? You are not alone with this. Small businesses around the world are currently finding ways out of the crisis. But don’t give up! Selling online is a great way to defy the crisis – and it’s now easier than ever. Regardless of whether you only want to sell one product online or an entire collection in different colors and sizes, with CWT Advertising you can create your shop with just a few clicks without any prior knowledge. In this step-by-step guide, we’ll show you how to get started today.
The easiest way to create an online shop
No matter what you offer, with an online shop you can reach customers all over the world. In the past, setting up a shop was a lengthy technical process. Now you can open your shop without investing a lot of time, work and money. You can also offer your goods for collection so that customers in the area can simply pick up their orders from themselves.
Corona Aid Package: Has your business been hit by the corona crisis? We want to help you! Create your online shop today for just 1 euro per month in the first year. Simply enter the promotional code CWT AdvertisingHELP at the checkout (valid for all online shop packages except VIP).
1 Creates an online shop for your business
How easy is it to create your own online shop? If you follow these simple steps, you can get started today.
- Log in to your CWT Advertising account or create one
You can create your shop for free with our online shop kit and simply upgrade as soon as you are ready to sell.
- Add your first product
Open your shop from your CWT Advertising dashboard. You choose in the menu bar at the top of the screen Shop> New product. Upload your product pictures now or click on Create without pictures.
- Edit your product information
Click on text or images to adjust or delete them. Do you want yours, for example Product title change, then just click on it and start typing. Also remember to add a short product description to encourage your customers to buy.
- Completes your company profile
Goes to Shop> Settings and then to Overview> Complete your company profile. Enter your company data here and then click on to save.
- Connect your payment service providers
Choose how your customers should pay for their purchases. You can connect PayPal, Stripe or both services.
- Manage your inventory
Goes to Shop> All productsto adjust your inventory and pinch.
- Open your shop
Click on Publishto share your shop with the world!
It’s that easy! Create your online shop today.
What Makes CWT Advertising the Best Small Business Ecommerce Solution?
Straightforward, flexible payment methods
We understand that your customer is king. That is why your users can easily pay via PayPal, bank transfer or credit card. Thanks to the payment service providers PayPal and Stripe, your customers pay quickly and securely so that they are happy to come back.
You have recently been able to offer your goods for collection. This allows your customers to simply come over quickly and take their order with them.
Your earnings are yours, not ours
CWT Advertising is your partner in online trading and not another platform provider. We want to support you and your business, especially in difficult times. That is why we do not charge transaction fees and you keep 100 percent of your earnings. No matter how big your shop is.
Turns mobile users into customers
You want to make changes to your shop, your settings or your inventory? Then simply use the browser of your smartphone, an app is not necessary.
2 Present your shop and your products in the right light
Your online shop is like a virtual shop window. It has to attract attention, be inviting and showcase your products in the best possible way. So your customers get the urge to look around you. This way you make sure that your customers see your shop
- With a logo you set yourself apart from the competition. With so many shops in the “virtual pedestrian zone”, it is particularly important that your customers can clearly distinguish yourself from your competitors. And that starts with your logo! There are many ways to give your old logo a new coat of paint or create a completely new one – depending on how much time and money you want to invest. From the commissioning of a designer to a tender on an online platform, everything is possible. If you want to have a professional logo today, you can also create one with our CWT Advertising Logo Creator. You already have a logo but have never sold anything online? Then insert your logo on your website and show your customers that you are the same business that they already know and love.
- Writes convincing product descriptions. Every business owner knows that a good sales pitch can decide about everything or nothing. An online shop gives you the chance to prepare your perfect speech in advance, write it down and leave the rest to your website. The best product texts are short, concise and easy to read. The best way to get started is to think about what questions your customers would ask you if they were directly opposite you. Do you want to know something about size, color or material? Is there a story behind your product? Process all of this in your product descriptions! Good customer reviews also find their place here. Read more tips here on how to create convincing product descriptions.
- Makes great product photos. High quality product images help you sell more. This is also possible without a professional SLR camera. Just take a few pictures with your smartphone and you’re ready to go. But if you have some time, you can create your own glossy-look pictures with a self-made lightbox. The necessary materials are probably already at your home. You can then upload the pictures from your PC or smartphone or import them via social media.
3 Uses legal texts that are secure against warnings
Every online shop requires certain legal texts such as terms and conditions, cancellation policy etc. To create them, you do not need any programming knowledge or a law degree. At a CWT Advertising online shop you can simply book the legal text manager. The tool developed in cooperation with Trusted Shops creates for you automatically and individually:
- Data protection
- Right of withdrawal
If you have a CWT Advertising website without an online shop, you can still use the legal text manager for imprint and data protection declaration. To do this, open your Dolphin website or online shop and go to pages > System pages respectively. Shop pages.
Your shop is also compliant with the latest EU geoblocking regulation. Do you want to deliver your goods abroad? No problem! During the ordering process, your customers will see your delivery area and the appropriate shipping costs. Everything is 100 percent transparent and understandable so that your customers can understand everything.
4 Optimize your shop to reach customers on Google
Whoever your target group is, most customers can find your shop via Google. Especially when we shop with our smartphone. CWT Advertising’s automatic SEO feature helps you play at the forefront of Google and be easier to find. How to activate it:
- Open your website from your CWT Advertising dashboard.
- Click on the three points top right and dials SEO out.
- Follow the instructions and insert the keywords with which you want to be found on Google. We do the rest.
The product and category pages of your CWT Advertising online shop are particularly search engine friendly. The Google Bots can easily scan them and immediately understand what you are selling. So they send you the right customers. Spends less time on technical frills and more on your orders.
5 Advertise your shop for free
The best thing about online marketing? You don’t need a huge budget to draw attention to your business. Here are a few ideas that you can implement completely free of charge:
- Updates your profile on Google My Business. This is the entry that pops up on Google when someone is looking for a product, service, or business like yours. The entry is free and easy to create. If you don’t have one yet, you can read here how to create a company listing on Google My Business. There you can add a link to your online shop so that your customers know that they can also shop online from now on. You can also add text and explain why you are now selling online as well as your physical store. Don’t forget to adjust your opening times and contact details if anything has changed.
Do you want to update your company profile on different platforms? With our industry entries, you can do this on more than 15 platforms at the same time – directly from your dashboard.
- Let your business network know about your reopening. Your virtual shop is as big a deal as your “real” shop. So your shop should get the grand opening it deserves. Post on Facebook or Instagram about your new shop – both on your business and private profiles. Invite friends and family to share your shop. They definitely want to support you. You can even get started with a discount promotion to boost your sales. Don’t forget to add your shop link to your online profiles and email signature.
- Think locally. Do you have a bakery Then ask the restaurants and delivery services in your area if you can support them with bread or dough. Do you own a restaurant? Then check if you can support hospitals or retirement homes near you with food deliveries. Cooperating with other companies and solving problems together is always a good idea. If you focus on your neighborhood, especially in difficult times, it can have a particularly positive impact on your business – both now and in the long term.
That little bit extra
Well done! If you have already made it this far, you are well on the way to your first sale. For that little bit extra you can now add a FAQ to your shop page and add a purchase advice. We want to support as many small businesses as possible. If you have just opened an online shop, please let us know on Facebook. Or mark us on Instagram with @jimdo_official and use the hashtag #SupportSmallBusiness. Good luck selling!