Google AdWords is an excellent platform for you to get new quotation requests and new visits to your shopping cart daily. CWT Advertising.
Whether you have never used it, or have already experimented with the tool, this tutorial will be useful to know the main functions of Google Adwords, and its advantages and benefits.
Creating a Google AdWords Account
A Google account is required (the same account used for Gmail, YouTube or AdWords)
- Each AdWords account defines:
– Account name
– Currency *
– Time zone *
* This data cannot be changed later
How do you pay Google?
- Pre-paid option
- Post Payment Option
- Each currency has its payment methods defined in each country.
- Credit Card payment allows immediate authorization.
► Each Campaign
► Contains Multiple Ad Groups
►Every Ad Group
► Multiple Ads
It must be defined:
- Campaign Type
- Geographical segmentation
- Daily Budget
✔ In Campaign Type, for Google search engine, select “Only for
Search Network ”.
✔ Never use “Search with Display Selection”.
✔ If Display is desired, carry out 2 separate campaigns, each
One with your own budget!
Choose Campaign Type
✔ Choose “All functions”, as it allows more versatility. For example “Ad Extensions”
Note: It is not as detailed as Facebook, which allows much more limited geographical areas.
Add Segmentation Radios
Segmentation by Demographic Data (Location Groups)
Note: Not currently available in most countries.
- In some cases you should also choose English. For example in Technology, where the Hispanic user can search English terms.
- Remember that ads are not translated. If you want to go to Italy, France and the US, put together 3 campaigns, each in your language.
- Greater control, the maximum CPC to be paid is defined
Advanced Location Options:
Check that the option you choose by default is correct!
Example where you have to modify this configuration:
– In the case of promoting tourism in Colombia of citizens of the United States: Orient “only People in my location of segmentation”
If not, it will be shown to anyone who shows interest in the US
Automated Bid Strategy
Example 1: Automated strategy for the position in Google Search
- For companies that want to appear at the top, beyond the price.
- In “Anywhere on the First Page” – Remember that Google no longer shows ads on the right side (ETA changes), but shows ads at the bottom, and on page 2, 3, etc.
Example 2: Percentage of Higher Ranking (to outperform a competitor)
- You can define the maximum of $ to bid per click, and the% of times you want to beat it.
Example 3: Maximize Clicks
- Google is choosing the offers to choose the maximum number of clicks with the budget allocated. Be careful! It can attract many “cheap” clicks that are not as useful, and minimize the most important and expensive.
Example 4: Maximize Conversions
- Conversions are required to choose it.
- Google optimizes bids to attract the maximum number of conversions with the defined budget.
Bid strategy tips
- Choose Manual CPC, unless you are very sure that another alternative is more appropriate.
- Lets choose for ourselves, instead of Google
- Especially useful if we handle few keywords
- Although they are campaign settings, you can alter them for any particular keyword … Or for a whole ad group.
- The budget is chosen per day
- Google can spend a day up to 20% more than the established budget. For example, up to $ 120
- If you spend more, pay it back
- If the budget is $ 100 a day, Google can spend up to $ 3,040 per month (it won’t spend 20% more every day)
- Allow to add additional information to your ad
- In some cases, add more than one landing page (multiple landing page)
- In some cases Google may charge up to 2 clicks, if a user clicks on the ad and the extension (depending on the extension)
- They can be created at the campaign level and are automatically used in all campaigns …
- Either create them at the ad group level, or directly in an ad
- Telephone Extension
- Extensions of featured text (Special budgets – The best providers – Quick response)
- Extension of Site links (each to another page of the website: Price List, Payment Methods, Rates, Contact)
Sample Review Links
- You must enter a link from an independent source and Google will approve or reject the review.
Geographic Location Extensions
- They can be created manually, or linked to Google My Business, as in this case:
You may be interested: Why complement your Website with your Google account “My Business”?
What types of Ad Extensions exist in AdWords?
- Site Link Extensions
- Featured text extensions
- Call extensions
- SMS extensions
- Geographic Location Extensions
- Price Extensions (Shows prices of products or services)
- Application extensions (in the same announcement it is possible to indicate a click to the web or to the application download)
- Review Extensions
- Automatic extensions (Google chooses them, for example ratings or pages already visited)
Creating Ad Groups in Google AdWords
- Each Ad Group contains keywords that will activate the ads.
- Each Ad Group as we explain can have many ads.
- You must create the Ad groups with your best criteria.
Eg In this, the room wanted to have different announcements for parties of 15, or weddings, so an ad group was set up for each case:
Broad Concordance (Default)
- They include spelling mistakes, synonyms, related searches and other relevant variations
- Example Keywords: Women’s Hat
- Appears with search = buy hats for women
Broad Match Modifier
- Excludes synonyms
- Example Keywords: + Hat + Woman
- Appears with search = hats for women // Buy Hats for women
- Includes Phrases and Phrase Variations
- Example Keywords: “women’s hats”
- It appears with search: “Buy Women’s hats”
- Exact Term and Close Variations
- Example Keywords: [sombreros de mujer].
- Appears with search: women’s hats.
- To appear with a party room that competes for the same audience
- Appears for “best wedding hall” “wedding hall”, “room for my marriage”, etc.
- Exact search
- In general it is convenient to add negative words such as:
• Free – free – cheap –
• For all campaigns
• And in each business add the specific ones that are not of interest
In each Ad:
- Destination Page
- Title 1: 25 characters
- Title 2: 30 Characters
- Route: Up to 15 characters in each Route
- Description: up to 80 characters
You can try more than one ad for each Group and see which one has
better acceptance (A / B test)
Fundamental metrics to follow
- Impressions – Clicks – CTR (% of Impression Clicks)
- Cost per Click
- Conversion Amount
- Conversion Cost
Metrics:% of Lost Impressions
- For each keyword, Google will indicate for a given period the% of impressions lost, because the budget was insufficient, or we did not appear for offering little.
- It is an essential indicator to see how to optimize our investment.
Metrics: Quality Level
- It is worth 1 to 10, where Google tells us how well we are doing our campaign, for each keyword
- At a higher level of quality, it rewards us with a better position in our ads, without the need to increase the cost of the click
- Google evaluates 3 parameters:
Utility Tools: Diagnostics and Preview Ads
- It lets us know if our ad is running or not, and why, without having to try Google.
- You can choose the geographical region, device, language.
Keyword Planner / Keyword Planner
It allows you to estimate the number of searches for a keyword, get keyword ideas, and know the level of competition (if there are many advertisers bidding on that keyword)
Example for Colombia: