In our platform we continue to add functionalities to continue increasing the satisfactory experience of your visitors, and facilitate your management tasks.
On this occasion, we have incorporated the possibility of implementing Google Tag Manager in CWT Advertising. In this article we tell you what it is, what the benefit is, and how you can achieve it.
What is Google Tag Manager?
Google tag manager is one of those concepts whose explanation seems more complex than it is!
To clarify them, which philosophers of “German idealism”, we will go first by the antithesis, that is, analyze what happens If you don’t have Google Tag Manager.
- If you want to measure your traffic with Google Analytics, insert the code snippet into your website
- If you want to measure Google Ads conversions, again insert the code snippet into your website
- If you use a chat tool, and you need to measure the number of conversations, again insert the code into your website.
- And the same happens if you want to implement Facebook conversions, remarketing in Google Ads, etc., etc.
Every time you want a new integration with your website, or modify an existing one, you have to edit the source code, with the risk of “breaking” something by mistake, and then it is difficult to review what has been done.
With Google Tag Manager, you avoid this situation by adding a single code on your website. Just … the Google Tag Manager! …
Final philosophical synthesis: “Google Tag manager is a tag manager”
What are the benefits then of Google Tag Manager?
All the integrations that I mentioned, you can then perform them within the tool, without having to alter the code of your website. The benefits are:
- Greater neatness
- Ease of understanding of the integrations you have made
- Greater potential to measure conversions of each integration
- Possibility of giving permissions to other users to make or approve integrations
Small glossary of Google Tag Manager
Google Tag Manager account: It is the maximum level, and one account per organization is recommended
Containers: A container can be a website, or a mobile application. An account can have many containers
Label: It is the code of the application that you want to integrate, and that you will add in Google Tag Manager (for example: Google Analytics). A container has many labels.
Tag Activator: It is the event that happens so that the label is activated. For example, if a person visits the “thank you for leaving us your data” page, the “Google Ads Conversion” tag will be activated. A tag, finally, can have more than one trigger.
How to create a Google Tag Manager account
Sign in to https://tagmanager.google.com/ with a Google account. The creation is very simple, you just have to enter the name of your account, and your country
How to integrate with CWT Advertising
When creating a container, Google Tag Manager will inform you of the respective label that you must paste on your website.
In the case of CWT Advertising, you only need the ID of the container you created (ID format: GTM-XXXX).
Add the container ID in CWT Advertising
- Go to “Settings-> Integrations and Apps”
- Select “Google Tag Manager”, then edit, and copy the container ID you created.
With this operation, you have completed the integration of Google Tag Manager into CWT Advertising. All other configurations can already be done within the Google Tag Manager platform.