Want to improve your Google positioning, increase organic traffic and capture more leads? This one SEO Checklist can help your digital marketing.
This is a question many ask, some dare to answer, but really few know what to do effectively:
How to improve my site’s positioning on Google?
It is public domain that conversion rates are highest when the source of traffic is organic. This means in many cases more sales. This is a cause and effect relationship: more quality traffic to the site = more sales on the site and potentially on the physical store. We are talking about increasing revenue, sales, profit, putting money in the company’s cash. In order to generate more quality traffic to your site, you need to work with Google positioning with SEO. (See here: What is SEO ?.)
Some basic assumptions should be clarified:
- For good positioning in digital marketing, content is the main theme;
- Once the content is ok, the technical questions come in: SEO Checklist.
Content and SEO
I will explain the content issue with a metaphor: It is no use offering water to the hungry, and no use offering food to the thirsty. With content is the same thing: the subject goes to Google and searches on a particular topic and finds your page: soon he will wonder where is the content he wants to consume and what you said you had on this page. It is a matter of consistency. You may not want to generate quality traffic without knowing what your potential customer wants to consume. To do this, important tasks before you can start content production must be done:
- Create the ideal persona of your business. The persona is the representation of the customer you want. With it you define the pains of this customer profile (your thirst or hunger, as the metaphor above) and you can understand what content this person will want to consume in a certain period. And from this is that you produce the content.
Example: a real estate agent who works with seasonal real estate in Sao Paulo hired us to perform SEO for her real estate portal. A real estate portal usually has many, many real estate… But how does SEO work? Escaping the obvious where the competition is too big: We mapped the real estate customer profile and found that most of its customers are in Class A and B, active consumers of luxury goods such as imported cars, designer perfumes, helicopters, travel. to heavenly destinations. At this point we started working with content production to position well on Google. This consumer also searches the internet on these topics and that’s where he finds and relates to the real estate brand for the first time. When he goes to rent a vacation rental, he already knows where to look.
- In this article we give some tips to hit the bullseye when producing your blog content.
Well then with the content in production it’s time to apply the SEO Checklist.
For each site we were hired to do SEO audit and improved positioning, we perform a number of often repetitive tasks. From that we decided to standardize the methodology we are sharing with you today to improve your digital marketing.
To make it easier to apply the checklist for SEO, we have organized it in steps:
- SEO Audit
- On-Page SEO
- Off-Page SEO
- Social media
SEO Audit Application Installation
Once you have installed the applications:
- Check Google Search Console for 404 and 500 errors, duplicate content, missing titles, and other technical issues it may discover;
- Check for more possibilities for technical errors with Browseo. One of the most common errors is to create redirects 302 when they should be redirects 301;
- Check for broken links, errors and crawl issues using Screaming frog;
- Use the My Site Auditor Report to check everything one more time;
- Check if Robots.txt file exists;
- Check if in Robots.txt file there are directories should be accessible by robots, but they are not;
- Verify that sitemap.xml exists and has been sent to search engines;
- Does the sitemap cite all pages of the site?
- Verify that site URLs have been canonized: www or non-www. Set the main one;
- Check if the site is mobile-friendly;
- Check site view in multiple browsers. Use BrowserStack
Keyword Definition for SEO:
- Use the Google Keyword Research Tool to identify search intentions and keyword competition. Set only one keyword per page. We recommend initially working with Long Tail Keywords;
About the page URL:
- Is the keyword part of the URL?
- Is the keyword at the beginning of the URL?
- Make sure you are using absolute URLs;
About Meta Tags:
- Does the robots tag exist and is it marked for the robot to index and follow the page links?
- Is the title tag approximately 55-60 characters (512px) or less?
- Is the description tag approximately 155 characters or less?
- Is the keyword in the page title?
- Is the page title marked as H1?
- Are there any subheadings H2, H3, H4 if pertinent?
- Is the H1 tag before any H2, H3, H4, etc?
- Is the text content at least 300 words or more? This gives you the opportunity for search engines to understand what topic the page is about;
- Are there synonyms for the main keyword in the text? Synonyms are great and are used as a natural language that influence keyword research. This is highly recommended;
- Are there internal links to other pages in a SEO friendly path?
- Do these links describe the linked page in the anchor text in a way that both robots and users can understand what the page is about?
- I recommend not using text descriptions in the main navigation, because this may sound like over-optimization;
- Check for duplicate content;
- Do images have alternate text tags with the main keyword of the page?
- Are image file names optimized with the page’s main keyword?
- Do the images have the same dimension as the one declared in the html code?
- Have the images been optimized to shrink in KB to load faster?
- Analyze competitor profiles. This is an easy way to initiate link building actions. This way you can see what kind of anchors they are using as well as where they are getting the links from;
- Start off-page optimization and link building. It is the hardest task and one of the most important aspects of SEO!
- Hosting Server:
- There are social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+? Link sharing is a very important strategy in digital marketing.
- Register your names on social networks. Does this have an impact on ranking? Not only does it give you account ownership, but it also gives you authority over search results. Here are some urls from the biggest social networks:
Applying this SEO Checklist On your site you will solve many On-page SEO issues. The next step is to develop Link Building actions to strengthen authority.
I hope this article has helped you develop better results with your website and your digital marketing. If you need assistance, we are available to talk. We can develop a complete SEO project for your company to improve Google positioning.
If you enjoyed this article, please share it on your social media. More people may need this type of information and you can contribute to it through this sharing. Leave your opinion in the box below. We want to know what you think of the article.
CWT Advertising is a Google AdWords Partner in England and can help your business grow with digital marketing.