It had long been speculated that Twitter would introduce a paid service. Twitter Blue, once launched, was not initially rolled out in Australia and Canada until June 2021. With this option, users receive an array of additional features in exchange for a monthly subscription. And precisely, the social network has just offered new features for a better user experience …
Twitter Blue already offers some interesting benefits
Twitter Blue was rolled out in early June 2021 and is currently only available in Canada and Australia. It is a paid version of Twitter that offers new features regarding organization, creation of tweets and user experience on the platform.
Twitter Blue already has some great perks and is constantly promoting the regular rollout of new features, based on user feedback.
Twitter users, for example, have long requested a feature like “edit” or “cancel” tweets. While Twitter chief executive Jack Dorsey told Wired that an “edit” option would likely never debut on the platform, the new “Cancel Tweet” option is a step forward and is rather well received. It allows users to set a timer of up to 30 seconds to preview a tweet they are about to send, allowing them to remove the tweet that should be edited.
Twitter Blue also offers “reader mode” to read long threads more transparently. It also includes:
- A bookmarks folder in which users can better organize saved tweets;
- Display options to customize the theme color of its Twitter interface.
With its new paid features, in a US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filing, the company said it aspires to have 315 million “monetizable daily active users” by the end of 2023 .
Twitter Blue is preparing to launch new features
App researcher Alessandro Paluzzi spotted new Twitter Blue intro screens in development.
The updated info cards on Twitter Blue describe some new features of the option.
The initial Twitter Blue package currently offers paid users:
- Cancel tweets : allows you to remove sent tweets within 30 seconds of their publication;
- Favorite Folders : allows you to classify the tweets saved in assigned topic folders;
- Application icon : Presents personalized application icons for use on their device;
- Reader mode : transform tweet threads into text to read all tweeted content in a single stream;
- Dedicated support : Provides priority support for Twitter Blue users.
- Color theme : provides additional color options for the UX screen;
On the basis of these new introductory cards, Twitter Blue subscribers will also soon have access to:
- Early access to new features : allows access to the functionalities in test mode, before their official launch;
- Article reader : allows you to read ad-free articles from various publications, via an integrated subscription to Twitter Blue, thanks to the recent acquisition of Scroll;
- Top Articles : highlights the most shared articles on the network in the last 24 hours (similar to Nuzzel, another app that Twitter acquired in May 2021);
- Personalized navigation : allows users to configure their Twitter navigation tabs, on the bottom bar of the application as they wish;
- Longer video downloads : provides more capacity to download video content.
Twitter Blue’s other offerings, at the moment, are pretty basic, but these new additions could help Twitter make Blue a more attractive option for more users.
Twitter recognizes that the tool is not designed primarily for marketers, but for the inseparable followers of the platform. So let’s wait and see and understand what will make sense for brands in the future.
Source: Social Media Today